Sunday, February 25, 2007

Death of a Child

Children aren't supposed to die. It breaks all the rules of nature. You get old and you die. The death of a parent is a death of the past, the death of a spouse is the death of the present,and the death of a child is the death of the future.

I am so very sad....one of my dearest friends are having to deal with the death of their sweet little 6 year old grand-daughter.(from the flu!!!)
How does one deal with this, when it is so beyond our comprehension and understanding? I know it will be a test of their faith and even sanity. I pray that they will talk about their grief...they will allow themselves to cry and to be patient with their feelings. One thing I have learned, it's not that you won't ever be happy again, it's just that you will never be the same again.

My prayers and love to the Dew family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how awful. The family are in my thoughts.