Monday, June 04, 2012

May Little Quilts


And it's ready to quilt!  I had hoped to have it quilted by the end of May, but that did not happen.  This is from "The Civil War Sewing Circle" by Kathleen Tracy.  I changed it a bit by adding sashing.  It just looked a bit to busy without it.  Off to the next small quilt...wondering what she has in store for us for June?

I have to confess to my newest addiction.....Zentangles and Lineweaving.  You do not have to be an artist or even be able to draw...if you can hold a pencil, you can do it.  Just recently I participated in a swap of ATC's (Artist Trading Cards)  These are an example of my contribution, the theme was Sun Energy.  I chose flowers...sunshine does make them grow!



The next pictures are Zentangles....and I am such a tangle addict.  Now I have my little sketch book and pen with me all the time!  If you want to know more,  you can google the word Zentangle and you will find a wealth of information and inspiration!





Maybe you will soon have a new addiction too?  
Signature

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love that little quilt--that is a great book. I have it but have yet to create anything from it.
This looks like art to me. Just beautiful--and I don't need another obsession, but thanks! : )

Barb said...

What an adorable quilt.

I just noticed that you are from Lee Summit, I used to live in Warrensburg...small world.

Gayle said...

Hi Sharon - Your little quilt is just darling! I think you made the right choice by adding the sashing between the blocks. I too have been noticing Zentangles - haven't really done much with them, but they sure do look fun!

Cheryl said...

Oh, that does look addicting...so graphic. Great small quilt too.

Lynda said...

Such a cute little quilt. I do love scrap quilts.

Anonymous said...

Something new! I've never heard of or seen Zentangles until reading this post. Pretty quilt!

Elyte said...

Your little quilt is gorgeous, lovely colours. You can swap between playing with fabric or paper and pen. Have fun.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've looked at the Zentangle stuff before but couldn't decide...what's the best book to start with? blessings, marlene

Heartsdesire said...

Love your small quilt. I've finished mine, but never thought to add the sashings. Your choice of fabrics and border are gorgeous.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Your little quilt is wonderful!!! And you use my favorite prints and colors.

Love the pen work you are doing--- (Zentangles)very tempting!

:) Carolyn

Anonymous said...

A blog that you will really enjoy is Jill's. The Quilt Rat. She does work very similiar and turns them into all sorts of quilty things. Looks like fun!!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Hello! Love your little quilt. The colors and prints work so well together! Looking forward to catching up more of your past posts as I am new to your blog!