Saturday, June 03, 2006

Camp Gramma


Camp Gramma

My new favorite writer....Jodi Picoult....continues to win me over. I have just started reading "The Tenth Circle" and it promises to be wonderful! She researches her material so well, providing me with a lot of food for thought. So far I am disturbed by what is going on with our teenage girls....thank heavens Mary is 30! and Jordyn is 2....
I had never heard of going to parties and playing games such as Conga or Rainbow. And the paperclips hanging on girls belts...ever wonder what that means? Well it isn't how many friends I have! More like conquests...one nighters...and the girls are doing this at 14! My concern is what are all of these "games" doing to our young girls self-worth and what kind of men will these boys grow up to be? I sure would not want one for a mate...

While at the lake, I finished reading "Cell" by Stephen King. He used to be my all time favorite author....and when I started this book I thought the storyline had a lot of potential. The world as we know it comes to an end because of cell phones....what a great idea! But I was so disapointed in the end....it was as if he was tired of writing the book and just quit! Not worth reading!!!!

No comments: