Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Retirement...

If I could retire today, I would in a heartbeat!
One of my patients was telling me he was contemplating retiring in 3 or 4 months. I asked him wht he planned to do and he said he didn't know.
That's hard for me to swallow...I would not be bored...I know that for sure!
I know that money and health play such a big part, but there are a lot of things I could do on a limited income.
-Mentor students in the public school system
-continue to read--the public library if a great place to "travel"
-get back to quilting
-take classes at the university...many schools have special programs for senior if they are not pursuing a degree
-attend activities with my children & grandchildren
-scrapbook, of course
-gardening
-travel if my income permits
-sit on my dock and read or fish
-maybe work part time at something that interests me and challenges me

Hmmmmm....I'm sure there is more

No comments: