Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas letdown


It's terrible to feel this way...Christmas is such a let down! It is so busy and so filled with stress...it seems to be here and then it is gone! I so wanted to do the picture a day....as we can all see, that did not get done! As usual, I put WAY to much on my plate! Plus it did not help to have a lot of added stress to the usual holiday mix.
Tuesday....our van was stolen! We had company coming from San Diego, so this seriously reduced our transportation of guests, not to mention the stress of being robbed. Everyone was supposed to stay with Carla who has 4 bedrooms and a larger house, but no beds or bedding...they were in the stolen van.
Wednesday...We got a call from the police and they had our van about 4 blocks from the house. It was all in one piece but seriously trashed and filled with drug paraphanelia and stolen items.
Thursday: Art put a club on the van because he was afraid the robbers still had a key. Went to Carla and Jason for a very nice Christmas dinner.
Friday: Got up to go to Honey baked ham to pick up the ham and the van was gone again!!!!! This time I am angry and scared!
I went to Honey Baked Ham...the police were directing traffic into the parking lot and the cars were backed up clear down the highway to Krispy Kreme....people were in line around the building! Only in America do we stand in line for a Christmas ham! In other less fortunate countries people stand in line for a cup of rice and a loaf of bread! That put it all into perspective for me!
We went to Richard and Mary's for Supper and gifts with Jordyn, Matt and Steph. So much fun to watch the kids open gifts and play! Caleb was so wound up!!
When we got home the police called and the van had been recovered again...this time it had been involved in a hit and run, pursued, and caught. Full of drugs and stolen goods again! At least someone was arrested.
Saturday: I got up early and went to Honey Baked ham to be there when it opened....arrived half hour early....still a line, but not bad. It was a festive atmosphere and the ham elves were passing out samples!!
Mike brought Mom to stay for the rest of the weekend. and Caleb came to play for a bit. We baked cookies and listened to Christmas music! After Caleb went home, we all took a much needed nap!
Christmas Eve...We managed to have a Christmas get-together here at the house. It went fine, but I have decided that I am having serious delusions when I think I can put on a big dinner and have lots of people over....the house is not suited to it...too small! I think I should forget about doing that again!!!! Mom, Kay, and I went to Christmas Eve services with Mary, Richard and Caleb.
Christmas Day....Our company flew back to San Diego at 10:30 a.m. I went back to my bed and slept. After spending the last 2 nights on an air mattress (that deflated during the night) on the cold basement concrete and coughing all night, that bed felt like heaven! We went over to Richard, Mary, and Calebs for Christmas dinner....so nice, and yes, that ham was well worth the wait in line! It was so fun to see Caleb be so happy with a rubber sword and his dash gun...cost $7...fun and smiles...priceless!!! I am sure he slept with it last night!
and now back to the real world....back to WORK!

No comments: