Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Holiday fun!


It's hard to get pictures of squirmy little people, but we managed to get one.  Mom is 85 and she got to spend the Fourth of July holidays with us.  There is only one great-grandchild missing in the picture, John lives in Virginia...maybe I should try to photo-shop him into the mix?  Pics like this make me wonder about what it will be like to see my own great-grandchildren and how fun it is to see the grandchildren grow up and develop into delightful little individuals.


As you can see, there were lots of boomers going off in our street!  Eventually the rains came and the umbrellas came out...they were not to be deterred by the rains!  Lots of family, friends, food, ladder golf, board games, conversation, 2-year olds chasing each other through the house, and fireworks made for a great Fourth of July!
Today is a R&R day in my sewing room...hope to get something finished!  So far I have the binding on my Patriotic Strippy Stars...it will be ready for next year!  Hope to work on my Between Charming Friends quilt today! 

Signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your collages!!

Lynda said...

What a wonderful picture of the generations. I'm with you, lets stick around for our great great grandchildren!

Janet said...

Wonderful family pic! I'm curious how you do the collages. Maybe a tutorial is an option?

I wish my Mom could still be with us to see her little great-grandbabies. Hope we make it that long!