Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back from AQS quilt show



I love this one because of the scriptures quilted into it.  I know you really cannot see it, but it is wonderful!



Love this use of strings!



I thought of all of you bloggers that have been making hexagons when I took this photo!

The AQS quilt show in Des Moines was wonderful!  Lots of beautiful quilts and 197 vendors to intice me with all kinds of new projects!  Here are a few pictures of some of the quilts I drooled over.  And I got to meet a fellow blogger, Carolyn from Lee Prairie Designs.  She is adorable, and so sweet....just like her blog. 
Well...I am off to decide which project I want to start on!  Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful fall day!
Signature

12 comments:

Pokey said...

What a neat idea, to stitch scripture into it? LOVE IT. That wonky house one is pretty 'dorable, too!
:-}pokey

Carol said...

What great quilts! Thanks for sharing!

Lynda said...

I love quilt shows...so many ideas to bring home and projects that "need" to be added to my to do list. I especially liked the bright wonky houses and the string quilt.

Sandra said...

Thank you for sharing the photos from the quilt show. I enjoyed each one. I especially liked the hexagon quilt. It always amazes me how creative people are with the same pattern.

Maggey and Jim said...

Thanks for sharing..Loved the pictures, Awesome quilts..
Maggey

Anonymous said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the show through your camera lens!!

Karen said...

I ordered the pattern for the hexagon quilt yesterday. It is a beauty.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Thank you Sharon, I enjoyed meeting you and Jim. Your just a cute and sweet as your picture on your blog!

I have rested up today and will be ready for a beautiful week of lovely weather and a little sewing I hope!

Hugs, Carolyn

Karen said...

thank you for the wonderful eye candy this am!! I always get a new shot of determination when I see fabulous quilts...
now if only I was independently wealthy and had all the time in the world to do nothing but quilt!
Karen

Cheryl said...

Just found your lovely blog from small quilts. Thanks for the pictures of the quilt show. I'm a Jo junkie too.

Shakerwood said...

Beautiful, beautiful quilts. They are great in the pictures and I'll bet even more so in person!

Highland Monkey's said...

What beautiful quilts, I don't know which one is my favourite....they all are!