Sunday, May 29, 2011

Having a little whine


It's hard for me to admit, but I have been a bit whiny today and yesterday...being selfish, I guess.   This is Memorial Day weekend, a  3 day weekend with my hubby.  We had just gassed up the car to go shopping for a new grill and out to dinner with friends, and his mobile phone rang.  A big compressor was down at a Country Club...translating to no air-conditioning.  So back home we go, and off he goes to see if there is anything he can do to get it up and running.  The majority of yesterday and today have been spent running down parts, which are now being shipped and he will spend tomorrow working on it.   I am grateful for his dedication to his job...and that he has a job.  I spent the morning mowing, and venting about what a disappointing weekend this has turned out to be.  Fortunately, it came to me when I took this picture of a quilt that is being donated to Quilts of Valor...God has a way of showing us His grace, just have to listen.  (and I am not a good listener!)   It's Memorial Day weekend, a tribute to our military men and women, both past and present.  For those that are serving now, most of them will not be home for supper tonight, or home for a family picnic tomorrow...so what am I whining about?   Some will never come home.  Sometimes I just need to put things in perspective....and we are going to go out to the New Theatre tonight for dinner and to see "The Odd Couple"....at least he gets to come home to me at the end of the day.   
Piecefully,
Signature

8 comments:

Shakerwood said...

Amen, sister!

Barb said...

What a sweet post....

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Whine a little Sharon it's okay. But as you say yes he does get to come home! I know I have been there we were in the wholesale end of that type of business and equiptment was necessary. We made many trips to get the parts that were needed for this type of work. Sometimes, I would go with him on the site so I could be with him.

Bless your heart you are the same.

Lovely quilt and have a wonderful rest of the weekend to you and your family.

Hugs, Carolyn

Pokey said...

We all have those disappointments, and you have turned it into positive, Sharon. Hope you enjoy each other's company tonight, the play sounds fun!
:-}pokey

Cheryl said...

Poignant post! Hope the play and dinner put some joy back into your weekend.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Isn't it just like God to point out to us just how many blessings He's given us when we're trying to have a pity party! :) Someone told me earlier today "if you can see it God gave it to you." Now that says it all when you're surrounded by so much, as I am. My dad served in the army during WW II, two brothers served in the Navy in "peace" times, and countless other relatives served in times past. They did it for me, and they did for you. Wow. blessings, marlene

Vivian said...

A wonderful, thoughtful post, Sharon.
I had skimmed over your quilt photo to read your words, and then I found that it's a QOV. It will be a wonderful gift. I MUST use my time more wisely and get back to making those. Thank you for reminding us of the meaning of this holiday weekend.

Gmama Jane said...

Well said, Sharon!! Perspective makes us see things with new "eyes".
I'm glad you reminded me of that quilt project. I wanted to participate but had forgotten.
Blessings
Gmama Jane