Monday, June 20, 2011

No willpower!

Friendship Block, Contrary Wife, Broken Dishes

Last week I went to JoAnn's...decided that if the Farmer's Wife Samper Quilt book was there and it was on sale, then it was my sign to join in on the quilt along here in blogland.  For the past 3 weeks, I have been tempted by the blocks that are being posted....telling myself, no, you do not need to start another project!  Truly, I have no will power! And if any jusitification is needed, I can use my collection of Jo Morton fabrics and not have to purchase a lot of fabric.  Actually, I think I will just entertain my inner child for now and do what makes me happy...playing with fabric and color and making little blocks.  You must keep the child alive...you cannot create without it!

"Plant impossible gardens.  Look forward to dreams.  Cry during movies. Swing as high as you can on a swing set, by moonlight.  Cultivate moods.  Do it for love.  Take lots of naps.  Take moon baths.  Listen to old people.  Entertain your inner child.  Get wet. Hug trees.  Write love letters. " 

What might you add to this bit of advice?


Signature


17 comments:

krisgray said...

Cute blocks!!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I would do the same thing..."entertain the child"! I'm gonna get old...but, I don't have to grow up! nope...the inner child is what keeps me alive!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Lee Prairie Designs said...

What ever makes me "happy"!!!! That's for me. Loved your post Sharon. Relax, laugh, love and do the things that please you and others too!

Those Farmer wives blocks are wonderful and I don't have much willpower when it comes to quilting projects! :)-:)-:)!

Carolyn

Carol said...

Love your blocks! They're so fun!

Judi said...

love the blocks. I want to do a dear jane but haven't started it yet one of these days.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love those blocks! I started some awhile ago. I need to get back to it!

annieb said...

Your blocks are beautiful. I'd like to add - Laugh hard and often!

Shakerwood said...

I'm still holding out buying the book. We don't have a Joann's anywhere near here but I'm sure I could order it if I just didn't have to many books, patterns and ideas in my head already. Still . . . .

Cheryl said...

That was a good sign...and great blocks! Wonderful post.

antique quilter said...

I am tempted to get my book out too and start making blocks
Kathie

Cheryl said...

Love the blocks! And love the philosophy!

Sinta Renee said...

Oh I saw that book there too... and I have a stash that would work with it... but I did resist, for now. But I really love your advice. I have a severe lack of willpower. I started 4 projects last week.
The only thing I can add to your advice is: Look at the stars, listen to the trees and smell the fresh air.y

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's a great book! And no, I haven't made any blocks yet...but eventually. :) blessings, marlene

Pokey said...

Love your Farmer's Wife blocks, Sharon, no kidding, they are a temptation...and you found the book at Joann's, huh? Hmmm....
My add to your list:
Smile at others. Hold hands. Laugh alot. Share good memories. Sing with abandon, old hymns are great for this!
:-}pokey

Kim Brackett said...

When I saw the title of your post, I had a feeling you were joining in. I've been on the fence about doing it, but will probably cave, too!

My husband and I were talking about toys that we played with as children, and my favorite was the Spirograph. I put it on my Christmas wish list -- hope he remembers!

bere said...

Lindo blog!
Belos trabalhos!
studiodabere.blogspot.com

Vivian said...

Just a few more I try to follow --
Life is too short. Take a chance now and then.
Look for the joy in everyday things and everyday events.
Thank someone every day.
When the opportunity arises, perform a random act of kindness for a stranger. The joy you'll feel is wonderful.
I have that book and I've avoided temptation so far, but then why did I buy it? To see it sitting in its alphabetical spot on my book shelf? That's stupid of me. Maybe I should jump in too.