Monday, August 15, 2011

Lazy, rainy Monday

It has been raining all morning...a nice gentle rain with some thunder in the background.  Doesn't that make you want to curl up with a good book or do some stitching?   The rain is much needed and the temperature is in the low 70's, so much better than 2 weeks ago!  Saturday, I was able to work in my flower beds, but today is sewing room time!



Many of you have heard of Quilts for Kids,  if not check out their website.  This is my finished quilt that is washed and ready to send out.  I love the kit they sent me...the black and white striped border is something I would not have thought of.  Right now they are in need for quilts for boys, so I have another one cut out from some of my own fabrics...it has motorcycles on it.  The little quilts work up very quickly, and I do a simple meandering all over. 


The Farmers Wife Sampler blocks and the Civil War blocks are keeping me busy!  I like sewing on different blocks.  Some of the blocks are easy peasy, and some are a bit of a challenge.  I know I am going to like the finished quilt, samplers have always been a favorite of mine.


Farmers Wife Sampler blocks


It's still summer, but I am in the mood for fall.  I have dug out a little wool kit that I bought last year...it is so cute! It's a Pumpkin table mat by Lisa Bongean.  This afternoon I am tracing off the pattern, and will have it ready to sit and stitch while we sit on the deck this evening.  There are a some wool projects in the Primitive Quilts magazine that are inticing me as well, so I have been pulling out wool to make a few of these as well.  I feel like I always need to have something to do while watching TV, or I think I am wasting my time...what about you?  

Hope you have a pieceful week!



Signature

7 comments:

Shakerwood said...

Can't ever go wrong with a fall project! No matter what time of year. Glad the weather is starting to cooperate out there.

annieb said...

I am like you- I rarely sit in front of the TV and do nothing. I go on the treadmill, hand sew, or browse blogs. Your blocks look great!

Anonymous said...

I too have been getting a bit giddy for Fall. Some tress have leaves turning already and today it actually feels cooler out for a change!

Pokey said...

Your weather does sound perfect for sewing, and this is a great quilt for a little guy. It's so cute with the airplane print, and the black and white stripe works great, too!
I like your sampler blocks too, I'm enjoying seeing the different fabric selections for the FW blocks.
And yes, give me something to do. My family fusses though when we watch something and I have to ask what happened, because I wasn't "watching", I was just "listening".
:-}pokey

Unknown said...

Sweet dainty fabrics & love those warm colors. Beautiful.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY (no emails), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored. Please share this with your freinds.

Have a beautiful week.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

julieQ said...

Yes, this rain was short lived but oh so wonderful for stitching!!

Cheryl said...

I am picking up my copy of the magazine today and cannot wait to see it. I agree...I am ready for my favorite time of year...fall!
All your sampler blocks look fabulous.
Good job on the quilt for the Kids!!