Wednesday, March 12, 2014

with brave wings she flies

With brave wings she flies

Honestly....where does time go??? For me, now that I am retired, I can play in my studio, read, bake bread and hang out with the grandkids. 

The above picture is from my Documented Life journal that I started at the first of the year. It is a moleskine that is being altered weekly. I love it! This week was to put a bird on it...the cute little bird was part of some collage pieces from Teri Kahrs..she makes the cutest art journaling pages!  

Also, the words remind me to stay the course and I can do it! By that, I mean CASA...training to be a volunteer.  I know I cannot save the world, but maybe I can help break the cycle that so many families are caught up in. The innocent are caught in the mess if drugs, domestic abuse, mental illness.Thank God that I do not have to worry about my children and grandkids! So many grandparents are caught up in all of this, trying to help with limited resources.

A few more pics for this week....
I really am baking bread from scratch!!!

CASA...a page in my journal

Spoiled rotten..our new baby..Bella

Hanging with Caleb..she loves to cuddle!

Peace and grace...do what you love...at least once this week!
Signature

7 comments:

A Sunny Yellow Window said...

Love the collage! The birdie looks Fun, Fearless and Ready to go!!

Thank you Sharon for linking up, and see you around..

Carol said...

What a wonderful post Sharon... You have truly found your joy❤️

maria soto said...

so glad to be here, love your page!! very inspiring

Voni Kinderknecht said...

Really love this page and lay out. Absolutely inspiring!

Andy said...

A fabulous post and your journal has a real vibrant cover. I really enjoyed visiting your blog through Sunnys link.

Robin said...

Wow I really love your blog..I notice that you dodnt post too much..I havent either ..not as much as I used to..FB is just so much easier..dont you think..your work is so vibrant and colorful..i love it...Would you like to do a swap with me..i would love to have your work on my Wall of Fame..let me know..!!

Connie said...

Good Morning Sharon,
I see that you have not posted in a while, but I just found you and I love, love, love you work. Your blog makes me smile . . . not just a little smile but a full blown ear to ear smile. I hope that you haven't quit blogging and that you will visit and follow me back. You have so much to offer the world of blogging, your journal pages are truly amazing :)
I hope to hear from you.
Have a glorious day!
Your new blogging sister,
Connie :)