Friday, April 30, 2010

A little retail therapy


Goodies on my sewing table!  I haven't had much time to sew, but last weekend we were on a little bit of a road-trip.  We stopped in Hamilton, Mo. at the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  It is a delightful little shop, and the family that runs it are very friendly and helpful.   If you have not checked out their website, you should.  They have an awesome collection of jelly rolls, honey buns, turn overs and charm packs.  I had to have the Caterwaulen fabric to make a little quilt for Max to hang out on.  Hope she will lay on it instead of whatever quilt I am working on at the time....maybe?   And I got the car fabric to make a little nap quilt for Jack....cute stuff!  Got it cut out today, but not much sewing done. 
I had both boys today, it was a stormy, rainy day, so we went out to eat pizza.  We always have a good time, and they do not want to go home.  I think if they were here for very long they would be ready to go home to Mommy and Daddy!
Jim came home with a very nice surprise...tickets to see Tim McGraw in concert, with Lady Antebellum.  What a great birthday present!  Can't wait until June 27th!  
Hope everyone has a nice weekend, we are hoping the storms are gone so that we can paint the deck tomorrow!


Signature

4 comments:

Judi said...

is it your birthday? Happy birthday I hope you have a wonderful day, week month year.

The fabrics you got are so cute can't wait to see what you make out of them.

Lynda said...

Love the fabrics. I'm partial to cats. Happy birthday and enjoy the show.

Carol said...

Cute, cute fabrics! Have a great birthday...enjoy Tim!

Lynn said...

I love the wheels fabric, it's been on my should I go off my fabric diet and buy it list (with lots of others) ever since I first saw it.