Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So many birthdays!













June is a busy month for birthdays in our family!  Baby Jack turned 2, and Caleb is now 6!  Mommy had a birthday as well. They traveled to Disney World to celebrate...I am jealous!  But we are going in September...a first for me...so excited! 
Our grand-daughter celebrated her 16th birthday, another daughter turned the big 40 and our daughter-in-law, had a birthday....all of these occured within one week!

Saturday, our quilt guild had an all day "Sew-In".  I got all of my stars made and my quilt top put together for my Patriotic Strippy Stars quilt.  It was a good day to be inside sewing with friends while the thunderstorms as they rolled through.


I decided to start getting out my patriotic quilts for Flag day and the 4th of July.  This is one of my favorites...can't remember the name of it, but it is a design by Barb Adams.  It was made a few years ago at one of the quilt retreats I attended.

Hope everyone is getting some stitching done, and enjoying family times!
Signature

2 comments:

julieQ said...

I can see why that is one of your favorite quilts! I love it...the applique on patchwork is so neat.

Sinta Renee said...

This quilt has been on my "I want to do this someday" list! Yours is beautiful! I just love it.