Tuesday, February 01, 2011

It's a good day to hibernate!


Looks like today will be a good day to continue quilting on my Midnight Stars.  I really cannot say that I have ever been in a blizzard, so this will be a first for me.  It has just started to snow here in KC, fortunately we did not get a lot of ice build-up. 
I am using the Golden Threads paper to quilt my design onto the quilt.  I like using it, but tearing it off and getting all the little flecks of paper off can be a bit frustrating. Usually I scratch with my fingernails and sometimes wetting it down will help.  Any suggestions?  I do like using the paper, especially on dark fabrics.   
Hope everyone is staying in where its warm and safe!  Maybe we should continue our Word Up sewing party, and re-name it the Blizzard of 2011 sewing party.  Hopefully none of us have to sew by candlelight today!
Signature

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Stay warm and safe!

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

A friend of mine uses duct tape to removed the stray paper.
Being a quilter from Minnesota, there is a very cozy feeling sitting in front of the sewing machine watching the blizzard out the window. It's the shoveling-out afterwards that's not fun.
Enjoy,keep on quilting and stay warm,

Lori said...

It is looking so good! Thats the problem wuth paper, how to remove it all. Tweezers? It would be nice if it would dissolve in water.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh, I'm in the blizzard with ya - looking forward to stitching and baking goodies today! Love that quilt! I've used paper in the past - I used tweezers to help get those small pieces - hope that helps!! Have a great snow day!!

annieb said...

We are not having a blizzard- we had that Friday night and Saturday. Now we are in a real deep freeze...Brrr...I am hibernating too.

kimland said...

Hey Sharon, I am North of you in Eastern Iowa, it has just rolled in here. I left work early and have been told not to come in tomorrow. Putting on a kettle of soup, changing into my comfy clothes and hope to explore my sewing room!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I haven't tried that paper yet - I was wondering how it was! blessings, marlene

antique quilter said...

looks great! I am getting tired of snow storms!
give us a few weeks and then another one not every few days! yes its going to snow again today!
oh well! I am getting a lot of quilting done!
have a great weekend...
I do like golden threads and have used it , yes you need a pair of tweezers to get out those little pesky pieces.
Kathie

Anonymous said...

When I quilt on my DSM I use that paper that the doctor's office uses on their exam tables. It is less expensive and usually they will give you a good bit of it. Looking forward to seeing your finish!

Juliann in WA said...

I hope to get the borders and basting done later this week. I love that blue setting fabric you used.

altar ego said...

Just wanted to pop over to say thanks for visiting and leaving a comment at my blog. It's nice to meet you, and it's been wonderful to discover so many quilters out there in blog land!