Monday, April 23, 2012

Where has April gone?


Oh my....where is this month going to?  Not much sewing getting done around here!  When the sun is shining and the weather is so nice, I find it hard to sit and stitch in my sewing room.  I have been spending a lot of time digging in the dirt.  This morning, I drug out a top that has been lanquishing in the pile of "to be quilted"....it is pressed and the layers are ready to pin.  You may recognize it as the "Prairie Vine" quilt from Quilt Sampler Fall/Winter 2007.  I changed the applique border to one that was on one of Kim Diehl's quilts, I just could not think about appliquing all those leaves.  



The only thing I have actually finished is a cute little pincushion.  Mary at Quilt Hollow inspired me with her adorable pincushions.  The pattern is here .  So very simple to make with scraps! 

This morning, the cabinet makers came and put my new countertops in the kitchen...they look awesome!  Now I will spend the afternoon putting the drawers and cabinets back together.  It's one of those things that forces me to clean out the drawers...notice I used the word "forces".....

Hope you are having a beautiful spring day!
Signature

8 comments:

Elyte said...

We are enjoying the beauty of autumn before we dive into the bleak days of winter. Beautiful quilt top and love your colours. Thanks for the link to the little pincushion.

Susie said...

Great quilt top!

Anonymous said...

Love that top! Wasn't that pincushion easy? Looks great too!

Cheryl said...

Time is flying by, I agree. Hard to stay inside with wonderful weather. Enjoy...soon the heat of summer will be upon us. Cute pincushion!

Janet O. said...

I love this quilt--if it needs a home I know where it will be appreciated! : )
What a sweet little pincushion! But I have to "Just Say No" to new projects right now--even tiny ones!

Carla said...

I love this! I had to run and find my issue of this Quilt Sampler. I really like the colorful scrappy look you gave it. I treasure all my old Quilt Sampler Magazines.

Lynda said...

What a beautiful way to use up some scraps. I agree, time just seems to fly by now. I do enjoy the warmer weather but as summer comes we get busier at work and I end up spending more time inside than outside.

Yankee Valley Stitcher said...

I just did 4 blocks from the Prairie Vine and am currently working on the border. I thought it would make a nice table topper. It seems we have similar interests :)