Saturday, September 30, 2006

Autumn


It's fall! My favorite time of year. The past few days I am noticing just a touch of color in the tops of the trees....I love those rich reds, oranges and yellows! It is a great time of year to play in my flower beds and get them ready to sleep away the winter. I bought some tulips to plant tomorrow, then I can settle back and wait for spring. I love to go to the fall festivals...the pumpkin patches and the apple orchards. Yummy caramel apples, kettle corn, fresh apple cider,
bright colored mums, falling leaves....what's not to like? Except maybe allergies?
Until we get a good freeze, I will continue to have red swollen eyes and migraine headaches brought on by the lovely ragweed that is now in bloom! The allergy shots I am taking should kick in about a year from now.
Next weekend is my annual scrapbook retreat in Kearney, with my friends from St. Joe. Can't wait! We always have lots of good food and plenty of fun! The countdown begins now.....

No comments: