Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds....yummy!!!

I so love to eat the roasted almonds one can usually find at all the fall events...and they are so expensive! So I decided to make my own and they are delicious!

1 egg white
1 tsp cold water
4 cups whole almonds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspon salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lightly grease a 10 X 15 jelly roll pan.
Lightly beat the egg white ; add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts, and stir until well coated. Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly on the prepared pan.
Bake for one hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden. Allow to cool, then store in air-tight container.

I went to Sams Club and bought the big bag of almonds (9 cups) since I have been on an almond kick for snacking.

Two more days until my scrap book retreat!!!!!

All week, I have been waiting for the new show "The Nine" to come on, so I better go check it out......

And a new layout of Jordyn.....I think this is the most gorgeous photo ever!



I used Kimberly Giarusso and Val Fowler's new kit Freestyle Art...love this kit!

No comments: