Friday, March 26, 2010

Little helper!

I had a great little helper today.  Jack likes to sit at his little table and color, while I sew.  Sometimes I let him sit on my lap while I am sewing on binding at the machine.  He thinks he is such a big boy!  I managed to get bindings sewn on two little quilts today, so now I can spend "quality" time with my husband this evening watching movies and get the bindings tacked down.


And look what I made this week! 
 I went to a class at the Prairie Point quilt shop and made this neat Penny Blooms table topper.  Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles Quilters spent the afternoon showing us how to do raw edge applique.  It is fast and easy!  I started this little table topper at 1 p.m. and had it finished by 4:30 p.m.  It was pouring down rain all day, so what a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.  On Thursday evening, Lynne came to our Nimble Thimbles Quilt Guild and gave a wonderful program...we got to see all kind of wonderful quilts from Kansas Troubles Quilters.   It has always been one of my favorite lines of fabric...guess I just like that old, dirty look!
Signature

5 comments:

antique quilter said...

how adorable, love that smile
very cute table topper, oh what a fun class that must have been.
oh yes give me those old looking quilts too, love them!!!!!
I would love to take a class with her
kathie

Lynda said...

What a cutie! Love quilting with children....they get so excited about projects. I made a raw edge applique quilt called Bulls Eye a few years ago. It was fast and easy and I get a lot of comments on it. One older gentleman asked me if I knew my edges weren't finished. LOL

Lynn said...

Everyone needs a helper like that!
Love your table topper, thank goodness for raw-edge applique, I'd get much less done if I didn't do it that way sometimes.

Karen said...

Love the penny bloom table topper and your little helper is a cutie!

Maggey and Jim said...

Very cute, I love the raw edge finish??
Maggey