Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wishing for spring!


Will the sun ever shine again? I cannot remember a winter with so many dark, dreary days!  As I drove to work today, I heard that the next 2 days are supposed to be better...a bit of sun and warm up to the 60's.  And on Saturday, the first day of Spring...SNOW! 
In an effort to brighten up the house a bit, I have brought out the Easter decorations, and have discovered I really don't have a lot of little spring quilts.  Guess I will have to do something about that!  The one in the photo above is from Jo's Little Women club, I think it was called "Summertime". 
I have the next 4 days off....a bit of a spring break.  Hope to get a couple of quilts finished and get some walking in.  I tend to make excuses not to walk...the weather is to wet, too much snow, too cold, too dreary, don't want to walk alone, etc......and I know I would feel so much better if I stuck to it!  I read on another blog that the first 10 days of any resolution are the most important, if we stick to it for 10 days it will become more of a habit.  I used to walk everyday and go to yoga classes once or twice a week, then I broke my foot (walking...a stress fracture) and got out of the habit!  I'm thinking I better get the umbrella out and walk no matter what!
And remember...
To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance. Oscar Wilde
Signature

3 comments:

Lynda said...

What a wonderful table topper! Love your Oscar Wilde quote. I went clothes shopping today....sure not much love for what I've become. Guess I should be out there walking for sure!

antique quilter said...

OH I love this table topper, so cute.
love that bunny too!

julieQ said...

Enjoy your days off...hope you have some lovely quilting time. Gorgeous table topper, and I love your bunny.