Monday, December 13, 2010

Rejoice!


Jack and Caleb

Where is the joy?  Where is the party?  Where is the enthusiasm and celebration of faith?
Truthfully, I am struggling to find the joy....fatigue has set in, now apathy.  Juggling a busy December schedule is overwhelming and stealing my joy.  In this season that celebrates the Christ child, why am I not finding the joy?

It's time for me to push the "pause" button....stop and listen,  stop and look around....the joy is there, I am just to "busy" to enjoy it.  Joy is everywhere I go...it is in the ringing bell outside the department stores.  I hear it in the giggle of children as they stand in line to visit Santa.  It is present on the faces of  loved ones as they gather around the holiday table.  It is present on the faces of the less fortunate that we give to.  It is present at every Christmas pageant and in every Christmas carol we sing.  It is in every reading of the nativity story.

"Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

A big hug to my friend Sandi, for her reminder to me yestereday of where the joy is...it is right here, right now!  Hope all of you are pushing the "pause" button at least once a day and not losing the joy. 



Signature

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thank you for the reminder!! Pause!

annieb said...

So true and so important!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Savor the moments... I find I sometimes need to stop, sit down, and listen to the murmurs God puts in my heart. If I'm too busy I can't hear Him. blessings, marlene

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That is why my past 2 months posts have been about slowing down. We are in such a "rush" world. And we rush even more with the Holidays. If we remember "giving thanks" is each day not one and "peace on earth" is each day not one we truly find the important things in life. You are part way there - stop, listen, savor - the JOY you are looking for will FIND you.

Karen said...

Well said Sharon, time to pause!