Sunday, January 09, 2011

A little bit of stitching....


Yankee Puzzle

Just a little quilt, it only measures 13", but it makes a great candle mat.  This was a pattern from Jo Morton a few years ago, it was included in one of the Jo's Little Women clubs.  I decided I needed a few blue quilts for January decorating and I had purchased several fat quarters of the Indigo Berries line, one of my favorites!   Then, I cut out this little quilt from a previous JM Little Women club...Soldier Blue.  It is ready to layer and quilt.



And I got my North Star made for Barbara Brackman's Civil War blocks.  If you have not checked out her website, just click on the link on my sidebar.   She is hosting a year long BOM dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.  Great way to use the reproduction fabrics that we have been collecting!

North Star block

The weather forcasters are telling us that snow is on its way...woo hoo! 
 I look at snow days as sew days!

Signature

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even the smallest delights me!

Barb said...

Love your quilt...and I just noticed that you live in Lee Summit Missouri...I used to live in Warrensburg, Mo...I have alot of friends that area.

Sue said...

Love you two little quilts. I love anything Jo Morton does.
Your second BB block is looking good. I like that you have used another colour for the background( Yellow). I always feel I staying safe buy using a light.

Carol said...

Love the your two little quilts...Jo's blues are wonderful...I really like your North Star block...need to get mine done. Enjoy your snow day!

Judi said...

Love your two little quilts. I'm hoping for a few snow days here. vbg

annieb said...

Great quilts! And nice to make a small quilt and have that immediate satisfaction of a completed project...

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the little quilts - I'm hoping to do the Barbara Brackman blocks too but haven't gotten started yet. blessings, marlene

Libby said...

Your North Star is WONDERFUL!!! and I love those little quilts! So sweet!

btw-We are having a snow day and I'm going to make it a sew day too!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

You were not kidding when you said you were in your sewing room. Wonderful--- love all the projects you are working on!!!!!

Hugs, Carolyn

Cheryl said...

Two wonderful, chilly little quilts. North Star is stunning as well.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

That little quilt is too cute - can't believe it's only 13". Very nice - and I love your star block, too! That's going to be a pretty quilt! Hope you got a snow day too (smile)!

Gmama Jane said...

Thanks for your sweet comment and for visiting my blog! I'm so grateful to Madame Samm for my Blog rescue! It pays to be Bad at something I suppose...at least in this case it did! I hope I can spend more time quilting now rather than fighting with my blog. Hope you'll come back and see my new projects for 2011. I love your Word, Content, for the year! Mine is Hope.
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Karen said...

I love your little quilts Sharon and the blues!!! So nice! Do you have any favourite miniature quilt books? Got to love snow days! We had one today.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

A little bit of stitching wow, you have alot of projects finished and all beautiful. Love the little quilts.

On the snow days you sure can have a lot of fun in the sewing room!

Carolyn :)

Sharon said...

I love your little quilts with the gorgeous blues! Indigo is my favorite color. Very inspiring! Jo's designs are always so pretty.

I'm trying the Civil War blocks too, but don't know if I'll keep up with it - I already have too much on my plate, and I hate that "perpetually behind" feeling.

MARCIE said...

Oh these are so cute! I can't get enough of this stuff!