Saturday, January 22, 2011

Piddling around





This is my Seven Sisters block from last Saturday...I decided to hand-stitch a blanket stitch around the stars, as I was not satisfied with my star points.  Wish I could master those points as I do enjoy hand applique!  Barbara Brackman  posted another interesting block today...love this Civil War block of the month.

This is something else that is on my sewing table, along with the Midnight Stars quilt along with Lori from Humble quilts.  As you can see...I have had attention deficit disorder this week!  (that's what several days of migraines does to me!)  The little quilt is from Lori Smith's book, Fat Quarter Quilting.  I want to make all of the quilts in this wonderful book!


And I am putting together a few Valentine cards.   Have you caught the love bug yet?

Hope to get to my sewing room for a bit today, the grandsons are coming for a sleep over tonight and another snow storm is on its way.   I think the boys and I may make a few Valentines.  They love to play in my sewing room!   
 You might want to check out this blog post by Carrie, I enjoyed reading what she had to say about our "artistic voices" and making quilts that matter to you.   Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Signature

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon...I love anything Lori Smith and....oooooooooo just loving that!

Shakerwood said...

I have trouble with my points, too. I guess it's just practice, practice, practice. But who has time with so many quilts to make!

Barb said...

Hi Sharon, I just love what you are doing....love the stars.

annieb said...

I have the Lori Smith book too and like you I want to make everything in it. I have it set aside on my cutting shelf with scraps for "future consideration...Your cards are beautiful.

kimland said...

Your gardens path is going to be lovely, my mind never seems to stop wondering either!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love your block - and that quilt is going to be so pretty! How fun making Valentines. Have a blast with the grand-kiddos!! Can't wait to see your post about the weekend with them!!!

Julia said...

Looks Fab Sharon..love your colours.
Lori's designs are the best..have fun, hope your feeling better now.
Julia ♥

Lynda said...

Looks like you have been having fun piddling around. Love the blue quilts too.

julieQ said...

That is how I made my starry block too...and I love it!!

Lori said...

I like the buttonhole stitch around the stars. The fabric you chose looks great!
Lori S patterns are always so tempting. I love that applique center.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've made the first block, have the second cut out and laying on my sewing table and the next two printed but not started! I won't be doing needle turn on my stars either - I love the blanket stitch and it's my preferred method. I love the colors you chose. blessings, marlene

krisgray said...

I also have the FQQuilts book and would love to make them all, too. Also enjoying the CW blocks.

antique quilter said...

the stars look great!!! Love Lori Smtihs quilts too...
making valentines will be fun!
its snowing here now and yes we are suppose to have a storm tomorrow thru Thursday again
will be interesting.
Wasn't that post from Carrie amazing!
I really enjoyed it and am STILL thinking about it
Have fun with the children!
Kathie

Sinta Renee said...

I have that book and have been meaning to make some of the quilts in it... thanks for the nudge, yours is beautiful.