Saturday, January 29, 2011

Word Up sewing party

Today was a little card-making workshop at our church.  12 of us, (including 2 husbands!) got together for a couple of hours and made Valentines that will be delivered to the VA hospital here in Kansas City.  It was a wonderful morning of fellowship and creativity...lots of fun for everyone!

Now I am home, and I can join in on the Word Up sewing party!  Actually, I don't have a plan for what I will work on...but I am content (my word) to sew on my Midnight Stars from Lori's quilt-along, and my Civil War Block by Barbara Brackman.  Then, I will retire to the couch with my sweet husband to watch one of these movies we picked up this morning.  I can watch a movie, do some hand-quilting on my Garden Path, and snuggle with my hubby...how do you spell content? 



Now, off to visit a few more blogs before I sit down at the sewing machine...gotta catch up with all you gals, and see what you are working on!   Later!

Signature

6 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

Gmama Jane said...

I like your evening plans! I have one of the grandchildren till about 7:30 then the hubby and I can watch a movie...don't know what we will watch but it will be whatever is on PPV this go round. I want something fun, no heavy stuff tonight. I'm working on some yo-yos for a few mug rugs...ssh, don't tell but I found out these little boogers cover up my wonky mitered corners! ha!!! I don't miter corners very neatly so I needed some kind of camouflage and yo-yo's did the trick!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Linda Lee said...

I agree with Carol--Fellowship, sharing, service, quilting and spending time together. Great day.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic day and I can tell you we enjoyed the movie RED! I saw it on the big screen when it first came out.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Those are the same two movies my husband and I want to enjoy this weekend. Had Red on hold at Redbox but we spent the evening in the ER instead. Just had to get my husband some IV insulin. He has trouble keeping his blood sugar down even with diet AND insulin so sometimes he needs a little help.

I hope RED is still available today for us to watch tonight. Our church is having a kids skate party tonight...think we'll skip!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Cute cards! Oh Sharon, I'd be content too! So glad to see you enjoying some down time with hubby - and I just love that quilt!!!